My favorite banana bread recipe….
(from my cousin Wendy’s kitchen)
1 stick butter, room temp.
1 c. sugar (I use 2/3 c. as I don’t like it as sweet as many)
2 lg. eggs
1 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 of them)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1) Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan OR 4 mini loaf pans, set aside
2) With electric mixer cream butter & sugar til light & fluffy. Add eggs & beat to incorporate.
3) In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt. Add to the butter mixture & mix together til just combined. Add bananas, sour cream & vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts & pour into prepared pan(s).
4) Bake til a cake tester inserted in center of bread comes out clean; for large loaf pan approx. 1 hour and 10 mins. For mini loaf pans about 35-40 mins.
Let rest in pan 10 mins., then turn out onto rack to cool.
5) ENJOY this moist delicious bread!