Have you EVER felt like QUITTING on your dreams? I have! Many times!
Have you ever said those words, “I QUIT?!” I actually can’t recall saying them out loud more than a few times, but I sure have thought about saying them many more times!
It’s easy to get to that place when you experience delays, discouragement, frustrations, resistance and (perceived) failure! You begin to question whether or not your dreams are worth pursuing OR if you’re even on the right track. Right?!
Well, you are NOT alone! In fact, you’re in very good company! Walt Disney, Michael Jordan, Milton Hershey, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Jack Canfield, (Chicken Soup for the Soul) Colonel Sanders, S. Truett Cathy (Chik Fil A), R.H.Macy and SO many more famous people have endured delays, discouragements, frustrations, resistance and failures. In fact, pretty much ANYONE who has accomplished ANYTHING of significance has experienced some or all of those things and have felt like QUITTING! There is just no way around it!
Doesn’t that make you feel better?!
The BIG difference between those who end up making their dreams come true and those who don’t is that four letter word QUIT! If you don’t QUIT, eventually you will see your dreams come true!
How do I know that for sure? Well, aside from all the “famous” people I’ve read about who have failed forward to success, I myself have seen many of my dreams come to pass. Sure, I’ve faced delays, discouragements, frustrations and resistance, everyone does, BUT I DON’T QUIT! I may change course, I may adjust the plans…multiple times, I may change my mind for good reason….
But……. I DON’T QUIT! And I encourage you NOT TO QUIT!
- SEE It! Take the time to refresh the VISION of your dreams. Update your Dream Board. Spend time imagining how it will feel when you accomplish your dreams. Whatever it is that you need to do to awaken those dreams again….. DO IT! SEE IT!
“Without a vision, the people perish.” ~ Proverbs 29:18
- SPEAK It! Take a look at the words you are speaking! Are they words that are bringing LIFE to you and your dreams or are they bringing DEATH? You must SPEAK about your dreams AS IF they have already happened! It feels funny at first, but you will see the results very quickly! Try it for 30 days-You’ll see!
“Death and Life are in the power of the tongue!” ~ Proverbs 18:21
- STAY Thankful! Do NOT start grumbling, complaining or whining! The fastest way to delay your dreams is to start doubting and in turn become ungrateful! Thankfulness will open doors that would otherwise be impenetrable!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” ~ Philippians 4:6
- STEADY Diet! Keep yourself FILLED UP with a steady diet of encouragement, hope & inspiration. Listen to CDs, read positive stories of people who have pursued their dreams and overcome obstacles to make their dreams come true. Intentionally eliminate negativity -in every form- from your life and get in the habit of filling up with positive things!
“Keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don’t ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.” ~ Philippians 4:8
- SOW Seed! I so totally believe that whatever you sow, you will reap! The Law of Seedtime and Harvest is a universal and biblical law. It works! It works every time! When you sow into the lives of others, you will reap the rewards of doing so. So, help someone else make their dreams come true! On top of that, I sow financially into God’s Kingdom. You will NEVER out give God! And the Law of Seedtime & Harvest ALWAYS works! Zig Ziglar said, "You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want." He certainly proved that right!
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.”
~ Proverbs 11:25
I want to encourage you today to implement the tips above and get back on the track to your dreams! You are worth it!
Make this YOUR year to SPARKLE & SHINE!
I BELIEVE in YOU!
I’m so excited to announce that you can now LISTEN to this message!
For the audio version click here: