Trim the Tree Thursday….My Pink and White Christmas Tree…

This is such fun, isn’t it?! I don’t know about you, but I am getting so much inspiration from seeing all the wonderful creativity displayed by all of you! For lots more inspiration visit The Southern Hostess and visit those participating in Trim the Tree Thursday!

Thanks for stopping by….grab a cup of tea and a Christmas cookie and enjoy!

This is my “dining room tree”…it’s white with pink and green embellishments. My dining room has soft pink walls; pink, green and golden tan silk plaid draperies and lightly distressed white painted vintage french style furnishings. I LOVE this room…it used to be our family room but as our family grew (acquiring 2 wonderful sons-in-law) we found we needed more space for our family dining. Since our “dining room” previously was open to our kitchen I transformed that space into a breakfast area and the previous family room into a nice sized dining room (I’ll share those pics in another post).

Here are a few close ups of the embellishments. As you can see I used pink feather boas for the garlands…gotta have those pink feathers, right girls?!

I found rhinestone tiaras and pink “diamonds” at Target. The wonderful white and silver birds came from Pier One…most of them 75% off after Christmas! Several of the other ornaments came from Michael’s and A.C.Moore…again mostly after Christmas clearance sales.

I tucked some sparkly, glittery green “branches” that I cut apart into the tree for more depth and sparkle….what do you think?!

I just love it!

Easy Elegance tip:

Decorate “seasonally” rather than for a particular “holiday”. The amount of time most of us put into our special decorating is significant so why not design it in such a way that you can leave it and enjoy it for a few months rather than just a few weeks? This is especially rewarding in the winter. Winter months are long, cold, dark and sometimes a bit dreary. Why not incorporate more “wintry” themes that can lighten and brighten those winter days. I leave many of my “Christmas” decorations up at least until Valentine’s day. That way when I get home and it’s dark at 4:30-5:00, I can plug lights in on the trees and light candles that reflect off of the abundance of reflective surfaces I use in my decor at this time of year. It really does soften the harshness of winter. Not only that, it allows me to do post-holiday entertaining, when every one’s schedule is much less full, and still enjoy the festive feeling! Many times I do an open house in January and a Valentine dinner in February. My guests used to be surprised to see the trees still up and all but now they look forward to it and many have adopted the same practice!

How about you? Try it…you’ll like it!

• laurie December 4, 2008, 2:58 am

Your tree is beautiful. Love the pink boas, and is that tule (sp?) around the bottom? What a great idea! After Christmas, I take my decorations off of the tree, and decorate it for New Years, with beads, NY’s hats, etc. laurie

• tardevil December 4, 2008, 3:40 am

It's beautiful…can't let my daughter see it! Have you seen the awesome creamy white beaded star ornaments over at Pier 1? They're running a 20% off sale too. Love the pink feathery boa & birds.

• JudyBug December 4, 2008, 8:45 am

Well, be still my heart! Your pink and green tree would go just perfect in my pink/green dining room. Stunning!

• ceekay December 4, 2008, 9:29 am

Beautiful tree. I have boas for my little feather tree. Haven’t got it up yet…but soon.

• Cami @ Creating Myself December 4, 2008, 9:54 am

Gorgeous trim! Every detail is perfect! From the pink boa garland to the tulle tree skirt..I love every inch of it!

I like the idea of keeping some things seasonal & not holiday-ish. Last year, I kept a few snowmen, scarves & pine boughs out as accents & loved the festive winter feeling they gave.

Happy Trim a Tree Thursday!

• cinnamongirl93 December 4, 2008, 11:05 am

Hi! Merry Christmas!
    I love your pink tree. As a pink kind of girl this post really spoke to me! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

• Liz December 4, 2008, 11:21 am

Beautiful Tree! The boas are perfect!

~Liz

• brettinsky December 4, 2008, 11:32 am

The tree is gorgeous! My husband would kill me though, absolutely kill me. The feather boa just makes the tree!

I leave my stuff up until February 1st too! Then it’s a mad dash to take it down and put out Valentine Day Decor.

Merry Christmas! Thanks for joining!

• Kathy December 4, 2008, 12:22 pm

Your white dining room tree is just spectacular, Kathleen. The colors- white, pink, and green, go so beautifully together. What a wonderful idea to decorate it for Valentine’s Day as well!
    Merry Christmas…Kathy

• Cami @ Creating Myself December 4, 2008, 12:45 pm

I DO decorate my mannequin for the seasons. This was her summer look. http://creatingmyselfcreatively.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-won-i-won-i-won.html

I really, really want one of those aged, fabric ones that so many in blogland have. But mine’s a pretty good “make-do” in the meantime.

• ellen b December 4, 2008, 1:09 pm

Oh Kathleen, I love the shade of pink and green on your tree. Just perfect. How fun to be able to have a space to have a tree like that. Enjoy…

• Cathy Miller December 4, 2008, 3:03 pm

I’m with you, sister! I have a year round tree..it stays up all year and I decorate it for various holidays and seasons. Right now it’s the jingle bell tree, but my absolute favorite is the Valentine’s tree. I have nearly as many Valentines ornaments as I do Christmas…well, some of them- red glass hearts come to mind-do double duty for both holidays!
    Love the pink and green tree!

• Terri and Bob December 4, 2008, 4:38 pm

Oh yes, I love your tree, too. I love the clusters of ornaments and the crystals here and there. I love how you repurposed your rooms. I would love to know more about that!

• Hallie December 4, 2008, 5:36 pm

This is my first visit to your blog and am very impressed! I really love your pink/white tree and would really be interested in seeing your "transformed" room. Our family has outgrown our dining room as well. Maybe trading rooms would be an option for us as well. I'm bookmarking you and will check back for more pics! Thanks.. & Merry Christmas!

• Royaltouch December 4, 2008, 6:08 pm

Very pretty, my mom loves pink she would Soooo enjoy this one! Thanks for sharing, this Trim the Tree Thursday is fun,so I had to join in too.
    Linda

• ann December 4, 2008, 6:58 pm

TOTLLAY GORGEOUS…ANN

• Jeannette December 4, 2008, 7:07 pm

The white tree is absolutely gorgeous!

• Megan December 4, 2008, 10:50 pm

I absolutly love that tree! you did a wonderful job decorating!

• Miss Janice December 4, 2008, 11:09 pm

Well, this tree is stunning, romantic, and festive! I love it–the colors and the ornaments are perfect. I love the skirt, also!

• Violet December 5, 2008, 12:16 pm

So pretty! I’m decorating in white in my studio. I love what you’ve done! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on our great room… you may have noticed no window coverings (yet!) I’m not sure what to do there. It would just be decorative, we have cream colord 2″ wood blinds for privacy.
    And yes, afghans wear snoods while eating, how funny is that?!?

• CIELO December 5, 2008, 1:27 pm

Good morning, Beautiful!…. Oh Kathy, you have brighten my day the the coment you left on my blog… My heart is singing with joy and anticipation…. I can almost see and hear all those birds you mentioned… tufted titmouse, redheaded woodpecker, doves, chickadee and finches playing in my sanctuary… oh, let them all come my way so I can continue dancing under the vast blue!

Hugs

cielo

• CIELO December 5, 2008, 1:29 pm

By the way, I was so excited I forgot to mention how lovely your Christmas trees are… I love the pink one…. it makes all around it look festive, and joyful!

Hugs

cielo

• ~CC December 5, 2008, 9:07 pm

Kathleen, As usual, your trees are TREEmendous and full of feminity! I love it!

Your Georgia Peach of a Friend,
    ~CC

• Melissa Miller December 5, 2008, 9:57 pm

This is so beautiful! Truly elegant and pretty. Love the feather boa idea.

• THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT December 5, 2008, 10:51 pm

Hi Kathy,
    Your blog is simply beautiful and I have added it to my sidebar!

Love the pink feather boa ornaments on your Christmas tree.

What fun I’ll have looking at all the beautiful decorating pictures you have posted.

Blessings,
    Brook

• salmagundi December 5, 2008, 11:12 pm

How clever you are! I loved the pink balls clustered together; and the color scheme is yummy! Sally

• Dawnie December 5, 2008, 11:46 pm

I want my tree to look like this! dang nabbit! I do think after Christmas I’m going ornament shopping. AND this weekend I will be checking out white dining room sets.

• DESIGN BY CATHLEEN December 6, 2008, 12:44 am

Hi Kathleen with a K!

Thank you for the kind words on my blog, I do appreciate it! Glad to have you!
    So now that I have stopped over for a visit, I’m blown away by your Fabulous Tree!!! Darn, I thought I was ready to post my tree pics, but not now! Love the Feather Boa’s, Tiara’s, etc. It’s so stinking cute! 🙂

Ho, Ho,
    Cathleen with a C

• cottage farm villa (aka cottagecharm) December 7, 2008, 11:32 pm

Your tree is very pretty! I just love to see the un-ordinary Christmas tree ideas that so many wonderful bloggers come up with. I stepped out of the ordinary with a table top apple green metallic tree this year. I just love your idea to keep it up for a New Year and Valentine parties. Thank you for sharing this with us! Merry Christmas! ~Cheryl

• CIELO December 8, 2008, 1:19 pm

The House in the Roses is having a party!… Come to the “World of Treasures” and show your lovely treasures… Come see!

Cielo

• Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com December 8, 2008, 7:46 pm

Oh my, it’s amazing how we have the same taste! Love your tree. I would not have thought to use that as a tree skirt! Looks gorgeous. Since I put up about 4-5 of them. I will try this on my next pink tree!

• Linda/ "Mom..." December 9, 2008, 3:18 am

How wonderfully unique, creative, beautiful and feminine! Just STUNNING! Thank you! Linda

• Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) December 10, 2008, 12:10 am

This is a beautiful tree and I love this color of green and pink together! Great tip, too…so glad you shared that idea! Definitely would help to banish the winter blues! Susan

• Susan S. December 11, 2008, 5:08 pm

That’s BEAUTIFUL! It looks like it should be in a magazine…You’ve got REAL talent. Also love the Tea-Party setup in the previous post. WOW!

• Bill Gantt September 29, 2012, 2:33 pm

I didn’t realize until now that anyone else had done Tea Cup Christmas trees. I came up with the idea about ten years ago. You might enjoy seeing my take on it. Go to ganttsdecorating.com and click the blog. Bill Gantt

• Kathleen Ellis September 30, 2012, 10:23 am

Hi Bill!
      Thanks for stopping by and sharing your Tea Cup Christmas Tree! What a clever way you have devised to hold the tea cups & saucers on the tree!
      I have several friends who do a Tea Cup themed tree each year….I will share your blog post with them when I begin sharing Christmas ideas!
      Have a Blessed & Beautiful Day!
      Kathleen