Banana Bread Recipe
My FAVORITE Banana Bread Recipe from my cousin Wendy’s kitchen! Enjoy!
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar (I use 2/3 cup as I don’t like it as sweet as many)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup mashed, Very Ripe Bananas (about 3 of them)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan OR 4 mini loaf pans, set aside.
- With electric mixer cream butter & sugar til light & fluffy. Add eggs & beat to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt. Add to the butter mixture & mix together til just combined. Add bananas, sour cream & vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts & pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake til a cake tester inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean; for large loaf pan approx. 1 hour and 10 mins. For mini loaf pans about 35-40 mins.
- Let rest in pan for 10 mins., then turn out onto a rack to cool.
ENJOY this moist delicious bread!