Kathleen’s 10 Easy & Elegant Tips for a Beautiful Tablescape
The Spring and Summer months are filled with opportunities to create celebrations & festive gatherings. Of course, that means ample opportunities to set a pretty table, formal or casual. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduations, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Birthdays, Memorial Day, 4th of July…..are all perfect excuses to create a time to get together, relax, renew and reconnect. Now….. this doesn’t mean you need to get stressed out about having family & friends over to celebrate these special occasions… Notice I said “create” a celebration, “create” a time…..in this busy world it is easy to let the days, weeks, and months slide by, and before we know it we find it has been way too long since we have connected with family and friends over lunch or tea or dinner. That is why we must be proactive and be sure to carve out that time and “CREATE” those special moments with family and friends on a regular basis. Staying connected with those we love is a very special and important part of life…..through our relationships we enjoy laughter, love, fun, fellowship, encouragement, memories…sometimes tears…..and in the end, it’s the people in our lives that really make life truly memorable and worth living!
I have 10 Tips to Help You Create a Beautiful & Memorable Tablescape that you and your guests will enjoy as you connect and enjoy each other!
Creating a beautiful table can be achieved on any budget! It doesn’t matter what your personal style is, nor does it matter if your gathering is casual or formal….it is always “in style” to create a beautiful table! I believe a beautiful table is not only pleasing to the eyes, I believe that it also makes your guests feel very special, and……are you ready for this one? I think it makes the food taste better! Really! Try it, you’ll see!
- Start with a beautiful tablecloth – Using a cloth table covering and cloth napkins = Instant Elegance – don’t be afraid to mix and match colors and patterns for a more personal look!
- Add some candlelight – Candles always add elegance- the taller the candle the more formal or elegant it appears however, little votive candles in jeweled holders or set into stemmed glassware also look quite elegant. Use a bit of Epsom salts to anchor tealight candles in teacups and little glasses. Tip: avoid burning scented candles at your table as they interfere with the flavors of the food.
- Fresh flowers – always include fresh flowers to add another layer of elegance to your table. Grocery store roses or bouquets can be divided into several smaller mini bouquets that can be scattered all around your table for everyone to enjoy.
- Silver and Crystal – add an ageless elegance to any table. Scour flea markets, thrift shops, and discount stores for thrifty finds that will make your table sparkle with elegance. I love to use my collection of mismatched silver flatware that I’ve picked up for a song at flea markets.
- Elevate – Footed cake plates and pedestal servers add interesting height and elegance to your table and you can set mini vases of flowers underneath them as well.
- Layer your place settings – Use a charger plate or an oversize dinner plate under your plate, and add a smaller plate or bowl (depending on your menu) on top; even more interesting if they are all different patterns. Layering plates & dishes adds another element of beauty to your table!
- Give a little Gift – Include a small favor for each guest- wrapped up in tulle & ribbon or some other creative way- and place it on top of or next to the place setting.
- Assign Seats – Use place cards for seating- it takes the guesswork out and lets your guests know exactly where they can sit. Place cards can be as simple as a piece of paper with a ribbon tied onto the napkin. There are so many fun & creative ways to add place cards……just “google” it for some great ideas!
- Tickle their Ears – Play some beautiful music softly in the background- instrumental works well, my favorites are classical or smooth jazz.
- Have Fun – Most importantly…….have FUN! Relax & Enjoy the process and the time with your guests! Take pleasure in creating a beautiful atmosphere for your guests to relax and enjoy!
Want more inspiration for specific occasions? Here you go!!!Pink & Turquoise Tea for Two Florals, Bunnies and Pink Chicks Easter Tablescape 4th of July Tablescape 7 Tips for Creating Al Fresco Atmosphere Easy & Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting
Remember….these tips don’t only apply to a formal sit-down dinner in the dining room! These Easy & Elegant Tablescape Tips can be implemented for a buffet, a large or small casual gathering where you may use several smaller tables or even trays, and of course, one of my favorites…..dining al fresco! I do hope these Easy & Elegant Tablescape Tips have inspired you to set a beautiful table! Whether it’s just for you or for a gathering of your loved ones, you and your guests deserve to enjoy the beauty and memories of a thoughtfully set table! ENJOY!
Make this YOUR year to SPARKLE & SHINE!
I BELIEVE in YOU!