Tea with Kathleen Series Two: Setbacks, Detours and Delays – 7 Things You Can Do to Get Back on Track!
Setbacks, Detours, and Delays happen to EVERYONE!
As long as you are pursuing your dreams and goals, you WILL experience setbacks, detours & delays along the way, probably more than once!
Let’s define setbacks, detours and delays so we are on the same page and so you know what you’re dealing with!
What is a setback? A setback is an unanticipated, often sudden, change in progress from good to bad, a reversal
What is a detour? A different or less direct route to the destination
What is a delay? A period of time in which something is late or postponed to another time
All of the above are TEMPORARY…. unless you quit!
Let’s look at 7 Things You Can Do to Get Back on Track after you’ve experienced setbacks, detours and delays.
- ASSESS – What happened? Was it a Setback? A Detour? or a Delay? Was it avoidable? Was it beyond your control? Did you drop the ball? Give yourself GRACE & SPACE in the process. Once you assess the cause it is much easier to find a solution and move forward.
- CONNECT – It’s important to remember you are not alone and you are not the only one this has happened to. Connect with like-minded people you trust, who will lift you up, not tear you down. People who will cheer you on, not ones who will say, “I told you it wouldn’t work” or “What were you thinking?” Be very selective about who you choose to be in your inner circle!
- FOCUS – Most often what happens is you focus on the setback, detour or delay and kind of lose focus on the dream or goal you were pursuing. It is so VERY important to RESET your focus back onto your dream or goal. Get it very clearly in front of you. If you haven’t already done so, create your vision board or vision book (I cover “Vision Boards” in depth in my new course, coming SOON!) and keep those dreams and goals in front of you at all times. Remind yourself WHY you are pursuing these dreams/goals.
- CORRECT – You have assessed what happened, now it’s time to determine what you can do about it. What’s the solution? The correction? What do you need to change? Do you need additional information or help? What can you do, learn or arrange to set yourself up for SUCCESS?
- PREPARE – As you move forward look at what you can anticipate, that “could” happen. You cannot prepare for everything that comes along, but there are many things you can prepare for. Identify those things and put plans in place to help avoid, as best you can, setbacks, detours and delays.
- KEEP MOVING – Don’t sit on the tracks or you’ll get run over by the train! It’s much harder to get back on the track the longer you stay off it! Even if it’s baby steps, keep doing something every day to move forward toward your dreams/goals. If you’re not moving forward, you’re not making progress!
- SHINE! – People are waiting for you to shine your gifts and talents and ideas into the world! Your future is waiting for you to make your dreams/goals your reality! I always say, GET UP! DRESS UP! SHOW UP! and DO YOUR DREAMS! (I share more about the “Gift of YOU” in my new course, coming SOON!)
Which one of these steps do you need to tackle first?
Remember…… You are worth everything you are dreaming of! You can do this!
I believe in YOU and I believe in your DREAMS!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A BEAUTIFUL PAGE FROM MY BOOK,
FACETS OF GRACIOUSNESS ~ an inspirational journal
Facets of Graciousness is a collection of original quotes by Kathleen that have been described as …
Inspiring! Motivating! Enlightening! Life-Changing!
Transformational! Timeless Wisdom! Insightful!
Life is full of ups & downs and rough edges; it is imperative we keep ourselves armed with the effective tools necessary to walk through every situation victoriously!
Facets of Graciousness is one of the most effective tools you can use each & every day to help you maneuver the ups & downs and smooth those rough edges of your life.
Choose to live VICTORIOUSLY today!